Facebook Pixel

PEARLS

Pearls are an organic gem and they require specific care that will protect them for a very long time. They can be harmed by contact with many chemicals found in household cleaners, perfumes, cosmetics and hair care products of all kinds.

Cleaning your Pearls:

Always use only jewellery cleaners that are labelled as safe for Pearls. Never clean your pearls with anything containing chlorine bleach, vinegar or ammonia. Also avoid using dish or laundry detergents, bleaches, powdered cleansers, or baking soda to clean your pearls.

To clean pearls, wipe with a soft cloth moistened with water.If something spills or drips on your pearls, give them a good soak in lukewarm water with gentle natural soap (not detergent). Rinse well and allow drying wrapped in a cotton cloth, and then wear them to return some oils from your skin to the pearls. Never use any type of ultrasonic cleaner or steam clean them.

Maintaining your Pearls:

Always remove Pearls before exercising or otherwise getting sweaty. (It's not the water or the salt, but the pH of sweat is not good for them.) Be aware of the type of fabrics you wear. Fabrics like Shetland wool can damage Pearls. Never leave your pearls around a direct source of heat such as a fireplace mantle, on top of a television set, or stove.

Storing your Pearls:

Always store your Pearls wrapped in a soft cloth or pouch and protected from all abrasive objects. Never store pearls in any type of plastic bag. Plastic can emit a chemical that will cause the surface of the Pearl to deteriorate. Never store your Pearls in a very dry room or in a safe deposit box for a long time, when worn regularly pearls improve their luster and glow.